2012/04/13

Reflection blog post


OH YEAH! Last day of winter term 2012, time flies. I cannot believe four month has pasted, and summer is coming. HAHA~

I have to admit, I thought ALES204 is kind of useless at first, because I just about internet, blogging and tweet. No big deal, boring and easy. Later, I get the funny and knowledge behind that. I do not post personal feeling online, I believe what I think should think inside my heart, instead of telling people I know or I don’t. That was why I am not active online, even my best friend asked me to.

Now, I have Facebook, tweeter, audioboo, linkedin account and etc. Most of the accounts are used only in ALES204 class, but I keep using Facebook in my only free time. I find out information flow very fast on Facebook, text, video and pictures could be shared by other people, every friend can see what whatever I am doing. Like the page I created in Facebook, WOW, the most serious thing I have even done online. But, I like it, I never thought of Facebook can be professional. That is something new,.

Then, I did a wiki stub entry. In high school, my ENGL teacher told us we can never use Wikipedia as academic source, I never get that. I always thought back in high school, why not? Wikipedia always pump up at first choose, and all the information are there, one website included everything. Now, finally I know why. Anybody can edit Wikipedia as long as you have an account which can be created freely. I never know edit Wikipedia is that easy. Well, Wikipedia is a good tool to get a general idea, but never a good academic source.
                                                           
 Crystal. (Oct 2011). Better of the way. Retrevied April 13, 2012 from http://isys100groupblog.blogspot.ca /2011/10/better-of-way.html.
The most useful lecture I think is the resume and cover letter one. I never done that before, it is very nice to learn the skill before I needed a job. I have learned great skill from this course, thanks to my dear professor and TAs.

http://ales204-2012.blogspot.ca/2012/02/lecture-15-cv-writing.html

No comments:

Post a Comment